(Not an Advertisement) A link to a notable resource: Rule Breaker Investing - A Motley Fool Podcast

By author Morgan Jassen on wieldsilver.com



2021-01-24 14:48

Working but Not a Commodity Worker

I dont want to moreso commoditize myself as a worker any longer. No one does, but I also don't want to either. But I still want to do good work ongoing. If necessary I may do commodity work tasks too. This produces value. BUT. I don't want to aim to only do commodity work ongoing forward. How? So many employers look for commodity employees. In short, I will change my resume and linkedin title to say high-level title of what i do. As verbs not as nouns. E.g. Instead of “Software support technician” I’ll now brand myself as: “Analyzing, developing, and publishing” OR “Working and investing”, OR “M̲organ O̲perates R̲allys G̲rubstakes A̲nd N̲aps” I fully believe this will cause ~90% of potential employers to pass me by. But I believe the remaining ~10% of potential employers are my tribe. In conclusion, do good work but don't be a commodity worker. This blog post first published at https://wieldsilver.com/2021/blog/ Copyright © wieldsilver.com and individual authors (unless otherwise noted) wieldsilver.com statement - I blog about products for which I own company shares.